Thursday, July 5, 2007

06 July 2007..... It Is Time

The time has arrived for the much anticipated arrival of my first (but most certainly not my last) niece. She is actually overdue now. Out of respect to my brother and his wife I will not release the final name for Maggie. All I can say is that I honor their choice and stand "100%" behind them. I have discussed this topic with them heavily and we have come to the final conclusion that this is the best way to address it. I have to be honest, I actually have not talked to them at all but Josef and I have come to terms with many things throughout our relationships. One of those things has been him realizing that my constant nagging will not stop. With that said, it is as wise for him to simply comply with my requests rather than to fight it/them. I will also point out that it is currently 12:34 am and I have just gotten back to school from an eight hour bus ride so everything I write may or may not make sense.
Seeming that I have been absolutely horrendous at keeping up with my blog I will simply talk a little bit about my time spent here in Brasil. I recently spent several days traveling around Rio De Janeiro and a couple other less known places in Brasil. The trip was pretty cool, I probably had more fun with my bus driver than anyone on the trip. The fact that he found me to be as funny if not more than black people do of Bill Cosby or more recently, Dave Chappell, really boosted my self confidence. This experience has led me to believe that contrary to common beliefs, it is wise to spend time with those that love you for who you are rather than trying to "live up" to someone of "higher values" standards. Did that make sense?!?! This drivers name was Joselito. He is thirty eight years old, married I believe, and can eat non-stop. Possibly the most historic moment of the trip was when I decided to go skinny dipping in a sister adventist schools swimming pool at night. I really had no intentions of getting such a reaction from him but I had no idea what my actions were capable of doing. As I pooled off my speedo, Joselito immedietly fell into a rage of laughter, all 350 lbs of him, to such an extent that he eventually slipped off the edge of the pool and fell in... Quite amusing. The trip as a whole was great. I found that folks in Brasil, and possibly other foreign countries, are much more how would I say....free, about expressing themselves. When I return I will promptly show everyone what I mean. This will be thanks to my teacher down here. Before going out to tackle the waves of Copacabana in Rio, I asked my teacher to use my video camera and get some footage of me being cool in the water, body surfing, you know, whatever would make me look good. Later that night I went back and watched the film, to my great dissapointment, and maybe joy at the same time I found that approximately 3/4 of the footage consisted of him taping/zooming in on women in very small bathing suits walking down the beach. Enought about my trip.
By this time, my niece should be here, I really have no clue whether or not my sister in law is in labor or is still laying in bed, I wish I knew. Better yet, I wish I could assume my rightful place next to her in the delivery room, oh well, I'll have to wait for child #2. I can swear on my father's life that I will have more joy, pride, and thanks when I view pictures of my first niece than anybody has found (maybe only joy) from seeing pictures of me prancing around in my speedo in Brasil. I must go to bed now, it's past 1:00 am. Hopefully next time I write on this site I will be discussing the excitement from the birth. I can't wait...
Uncle Jonny

No comments: