Sunday, July 8, 2007

08 July 2007.... No Baby Yet....

Well, I went ahead and journaled while I was in church yesterday so I decided to go ahead and put that into the blog. I don't have many options in church because I only pick up on about every 17th word spoken. Here goes:
It's sabbath morning here in beautiful Brazil and I am sitting here in church trying to even understand a fraction of what is being said. On each side of me sits two Brazilian girls. Fortunately for me both of these girls are quite anamored with me. Or course when I say this is a good thing I am actually saying it is quite awkward. It was the same story last night at vespers. One of the girls did in fact attempt to hold my hand during prayer. After approximately one and a half seconds of contemplating how to escape the situation I simply pulled my hand away. Upon informing Meilani of this predicament she laughed for a while and then requested that I post a picture of each girl so she could "see her competition" and also came up with this quickly, "I have an idea!! I bet those girls would be good teachers! They would be willing to do anything for you. I bet they could become your pimps. They could buy you stuff and take tests for you and stuff... but of course you wouldn't allow them to abuse you sexually." And lastly she calmly informed me that " It's okay that there are a few girls that seem to be infatuated/twitterpated with you, I knew that it was bound to happen. It came with the package deal of you going to Brazil." Yes, you have read that correct, two things especially stuck out to me in her response, 1. she encouraged my involvement with these girls, and 2. She used the word twitterpated. I must admit, Meilani has crossed my mind once or twice since I have ben here. Probably not any more though. I have not talked to her for over fifty four seconds on the phone since I have been here. The real topic for today however is once again the arrival, or lack there of, of my first niece. The little stinker has been taking her sweet time "coming out" which does not make sense to me at all. Right now, unfortunately, I am going to have to take a break for a couple minutes because one of the girls beside me is adamantly trying to get my journal. She says she wants to write something but most likely she will attempt to comprehend what I have written. This will prove to be quite the debacling challange for her. She will have a good time looking up words like debacling and twitterpated.
While that was my journal in church, I'm now writing in the present. My niece did not arrive, or at least I have not heard she did, yesterday and has yet to today. Pill. Poor Becca. Today is not showing much excitement for me, I am trying to come up with someway of getting out of eating food at a BBQ im going to this afternoon. This is of course because all the food is meat, this could be difficult seeming as though the BBQ is being held in honor of me and my roomates. We will see what happens I guess. Until next time.
Uncle Jonny

No comments: