Saturday, July 14, 2007

14 July 2007

Good morning beautiful. You are probably up right now, despite it being 6:00 am in the morning. If you are anything like your daddy was your parents most likely did not sleep at all. For their sake I pray that you are not like he was as a baby, I heard he was a real pain in the boom boom (that's portuguese for butt). I would not wish that on anyone. So it is Sabbath morning and I have decided to stay here and write to you instead of going to church, for now at least. I must say that I struggle to find a good message out of the services here seeming that I do not understand anything that is happening. I recently found out as well that I have been giving people explicit hand gestures, I really had no idea. One of these gestures apparently means that I like guys very much.. not in a healthy way per say. And it is an open gesture for "acceptance" from any other person, or guy specifically, that feels the same way. Believe me, when I found out the meaning it explained a lot. Strangers here are really not very nice, especially if you are, say walking around in public. That's why I never could figure out why Karl, Eric, and Steven were so nice to me. Anyways, no lie, I woke up at 3:30 am to look at a picture of you. It made me smile. Okay so technically I got up to go to the bathroom but I had to take a look. You are so absolutely gorgeous! So I am going to head down a completely different path now, what is it that one should want out of life? Well, Im no expert but my views have changed over the past few years. In my opinion, one of the main, if not the main thing to.. hold on I have to pick my nose.. Okay, sorry. One of the main things to strive for in life should be to build and maintain relationships, and none should be as important as those of your family. Many would dissagree with me, however, I think it is very hard for some to accept this statement because they may have not had the same family experiences as I have had. Most familites will never experience the "closeness" that our family demonstrates. Secondly, no matter how much you may struggle with God as you grow up, do everything you can to keep him close to you. I know that kind of sounds cliche to say.. Which is kind of a double cliche to say it's cliche.. Oh well. Thirdly (this only applies to my sisters, you, and future nieces), become the highest degree of a black belt in a type of fighting of your choice. Fourth, take time to learn the correct method for hunting cougars from Uncle Jeremy, I truly believe that this could become very useful. Fifth, take after your father and do all you can to build things you need out of the most random objects (included in this is learning how to sew). Six, follow your mothers advice on what to look for in a guy, she has proven she has pretty good taste. And lastly, because you know that I like the number seven because it reminds me of myself (I have told you before that in the Bible 7=perfection), I will end with this. Seven, learn from those who have gone before you, no matter how out of trend you may think they are. For example, I would advise you to talk to your Grandma Sue (wow that's wierd to call my mom Grandma!) as much as you possibly can. She is probably the wisest most sympathetic and caring person I have ever encountered. You have good genes kid, on both sides of the family. You can learn a lot by not having to go very far, take advantage of this. I am not very wise myself and I even fail to follow my own advice at times, but I think some of this stuff is pretty good stuff to think about. I gotta go now, until we talk again, I love you and think about you non stop.
Uncle Jonny

1 comment:

cali said...

I might have just gotten a little teary...