Tuesday, July 10, 2007

10 July 2007--The Baby Has Arrived

I truly have yet to experience a prouder day than when I received the news that I was officially an uncle. The hype for the last eight and a half months easily lived up to what I expected. Although Daddy Josef already posted my niece's "specifics," I had already written down in my journal what I had figured each would be. You can choose to believe or not believe that I had written this down before. I had her at 8 lbs 3 oz, 20 inches, a head full of hair (i.e. not bald), and be born at 2:17 pm. Check verylongchronicles.blogspot.com for her final results. For years I have ooed and awed over other babies, wondering when I could "have" a baby to call my own, metaphorically speaking of course. I am so freaking, unbelievably, incredibly excited to be an uncle and have a beautiful little niece to show off and be able to sit down and hold while I fall asleep with her. I know I speak for all my siblings when I say to you, Becca and Josef, that we could not be more proud of you guys and look forward to hopefully playing an integral part in the raising and development of your daughter. I am really upset that I failed to be there for her initial introduction into the world but I plan on making up every second I was away. There really is nothing in my life at this moment that I am more excited about. Please be prepared for getting very tired of me, both of you, because I plan on spending a lot of time with you guys.. Starting in less than a month. I can't wait! From this point on (and until quite a while from now) every blog entry will contain information regarding my NIECE'S childhood stories only!
Uncle Jonny

No comments: