Tuesday, May 8, 2007

8 May 2007

I have recently looked into possible minor forms of amnesia... If there is something, I think I have it. As Uncle Josh could attest to, I have lossed my keys and phone a combined seventeen times in the last three weeks, approximately. I also got up at 7:00 am in the morning to study for a quiz I thought I had in my 9:00 am class. It would be understandable if I had only been mistaken about a quiz, what was not understandable was the fact that I didn't even have class.
I heard you and your mother came in second place in the Bloomsday run. I'll repeat my brother's sentiments, it's not first but you're the first loser.. I guess something can be said for that. As you grow up, you'll quickly learn that losing is something your father is not okay with. Tracing back a few years, I distinctly remember being beaten by your "Daddy" if my baseball team lost a game or I did not hit a home run. At the time I wondered if it was excessive, now I realize that it was absolutely necessary for my development as an eight year old trying to leave a mark in my first year in YMCA little league.
Uncle Jonny

1 comment:

JosephLong said...

Tough love pays off. I should have been even tougher. You might be playing for the Giants.