Thursday, May 3, 2007

3 May 2007

Hello my little princess... I'm actually not sure if I like that, I think you're quite a bit tougher (and prettier of course) than a princess. When I think of a princess I think Cinderella or something. I had never really thought of that fairy tale all that much but I think it kind of bothers me, or at least I could make it bother me if I thought about it long enough. What's her problem? "Oh no, I was rich but my father died so now I'll just let my step mother walk all over me." Heck no, why did she not verbally.. and possibly physically as well.. obliterate her and her stuck up step sisters. No way I would put up with that. So I guess to sum it up, here's what bothers me about the story, Cinderella is portrayed as a strong character who you're supposed to have pity for because she's treated so badly by her step sisters and step mother. Does nobody realize that Cinderella is an adult?!?! Why can she not mess them up and take what is rightfully her's or at least leave and go somewhere where she won't be treated like garbage? I have no pity for Cinderella, she's a weak character and would never survive in the real world.

In a positive light, I have now convinced myself that I do not in fact like the story of Cinderella, thus assuring in me that I will never have to waste my time reading it to you. But don't worry your sweet little heart, I'll read you other books that portray strong characters that stand up for themselves. We will start off with lighter reading material (and when I say reading material, I mean we will probably just watch a movie), such as The Incredibles and Shrek and then move onto a little more heavy stuff like Predator, Cliffhanger, The Matrix, and so forth. Love you.
Uncle Jonny

No comments: