Saturday, May 5, 2007

5 May 2007

Sabbath evening... I'm sitting on my front porch watching the beautiful sun set... I think in the west?!?! I'm trying to remember how that song goes about the sun setting, geography has never been my strongest subject. Today I went to church and heard my good friend/ex-roomate Trent Wade preach. Sometimes you hear things so much that they become inaffective, for me, I don't know how many times I have heard that you should not take things for granted, whatever that may be. I have always maintained some what of a "neutral" attitude and haven't put much thought into my appreciation for even life's most "simple" gifts. For some strange reason, however, Trent got through to me today. My goodness, there is so much to be thankful for, seriously. I am going to make a concerted effort to try and appreciate even the most tiniest things. I'll tell you something I'm really really thankful for.. You! Wow, I have said this numerous times but I have waited so long to have a little baby that I could claim as "mine," per say. I am so excited to be a part of your life and possibly have an influence in some way. I love you kid. I'll talk to you later.
Uncle Jonny

No comments: