Monday, February 5, 2007

5 February 2007

Hey there little buddy... or sweetheart possibly... So I spoke too soon I guess, Daddy had what we call a "brain fart" when he told me they knew you were a boy. It's actually one week from today that we find out your identity. I know I have made a lot of fairly bold statements about you being a boy, but in all seriousness. I would be just as proud if you were a girl. Whatever, I'm just excited to be an uncle. I wont lie, I am going to be a dominate uncle. I'm hoping through a multitude of gifts, or material possesions if you will, I will gain your respect to the point that you will call me your favorite uncle. Lately I have really been praying for guidance and wisdom with this whole basketball thing and the decision I will have to make about next year. Don't ever take for granted the power of prayer. There may come a point where your friends try to convince you that it's not really the "cool" thing to do. Don't bother your time with them. At all costs, avoid using God sparingly. I fall into this trap too much, failing to even aknowledge my need for Him at times but then asking him to bail me out when things get really bad. Always pray for God to lead. Everyone else will always let you down at times.. Even your mom.... Maybe... It's almost 11:15 pm and I still have two assignments to do. Until next time..
Peace and love,
Uncle Jonny

No comments: