Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11, 2007

JJ,
Boy am I ever sorry. It's been a while since I've written a little somethin for you. A lot has happened since I last wrote to you. I am now going to school not only with your Uncle Jamey but also your Uncle Josh, as well as playing basketball with Uncle Josh. That really ads a whole new dynamic to being here, obviously in a good way. Geez, my second quarter just started and I am already feeling overwhelmed with all this stuff that I have going on. My basketball team just increased our already wonderful record to 2-15 after an impressive loss to Whitman College. Once again, I didn't play all that well. I tell you what though, when I came out of the game with four minutes left and watched Uncle Josh step on the court I couldn't help but smile despite the fact that we were down by 40. He posted 4 points and 3 rebounds in his first ever college game, not too shabby. Hopefully you will get to watch your Uncle Jeremy play growing up and he can amaze you like my brothers did for me (Or Auntie Lanessa if by some slight chance you turn out to be a girl). And then of course, when you have younger siblings you will be able to do the same for them. Being an older sibling is a huge responsibility and even more so when your the oldest. Don't ever be afraid to ask your dad how to handle being the oldest, he has virtually been the perfect role model, friend, example, etc..... For all six of his younger siblings. Listen, I don't even know what you look like and I guess I really don't have any way of telling whether or not your a boy or girl, one thing I do know is that you will grow up to be an awesome older brother/sister. Don't ever be afraid to admit your mistakes as you mature and do whatever you can to obtain wisdom from those that have already gone before you.
Uncle Jonny

No comments: